During the next few months the chances of thunderstorms even severe thunderstorms increases drastically. Here are a few reminders of what to do and what not to do during a thunderstorm.
- If you are outdoors and here thunder go indoors. Remember that if you can hear the thunder you are close enough for lightning.
- Be alert and watch for storm signs like wind pick up, darkening skies with increased clouds.
- If you see any signs or hear any warnings be safe and postpone any outdoor activities. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be raining to produce lightning.
- Should you be caught in a thunderstorm take shelter in a substantial building or a vehicle. If in a building stay away from windows and secure doors.
- During a store do not take a bath or shower.
- Turn off and unplug all electronic devices.
Should you have an unfortunate event happen to your home during a Thunderstorm we here at ServiceMaster South of the James are here to assist you