Hello December 1, 2017. With Christmas right around the corner I want to remind everyone of a few tree safety tips:
- When choosing a tree, fresh trees are less likely to catch fire. Look for a tree with vibrant green needles that are hard to pluck and aren’t falling from its branches.
- Make sure your tree has plenty of water and remember to water it daily.
- Always place your tree away from heat sources by at least three feet. A heat source can be heat vents, radiators, candles, fireplaces, or even lights.
- Inspect your string lights and make sure all your indoor and outdoor lights have been tested in a lab for safety. Replace any lights with broken cords or loose bulb connectors with new ones.
- Always turn tree lights off when leaving home or going to bed.
- After Christmas, dispose of the tree. Dried out trees are big fire dangers and should not be left in the home.