Water Damage Restoration in Richmond, VA
ServiceMaster South of the James located in Richmond, VA is always ready for any water-related emergency. Do you have a water cleanup crisis due to a broken pipe, a rainstorm that’s caused your basement to flood, or a toilet that’s overflowed and leaked onto the floor below? Whatever your emergency scenario may be, no matter how big or small we can help you lift it up and out quickly and restore, clean, and reinstall any items that can be saved.
What We Offer Our Customers
Our team offers fast, professional service using top-performance equipment designed to get the job done right the first time. Our ServiceMaster South of the James technicians use advanced procedures and equipment for the highest level of cleaning performance designed to protect your property and furnishings.
The ServiceMaster Restore® water recovery process includes:
- Phase 1: 24 hour-Emergency Response- Usually in 2 to 4 hours, we’re there for a job site inspection, assessment, and strategy explanation.
- Phase 2: Water Removal & Drying- As soon as you give the go-ahead, we’re ready to get started and keep everything on track with out daily job inspection protocol.
- Phase 3: Re-installation and Cleaning- If necessary, we’ll get all items of your room back in place, making sure that they are clean.
Before we begin, our ServiceMaster Restore technician will explain the entire water cleanup and recovery process. Along with outlining each step of the process, you’ll receive a guide on how to get the maximum result from our cleanup efforts.
How to Keep Water Damage to a Minimum
If you’re experiencing a water emergency, here are a few proactive tactics that you can use to minimize the damage and get your business or home back in working order.
- Never wait to call someone for water damage and cleanup. Bacteria growth can start within hours. Call for professional help immediately.
- While waiting for the professional technicians to arrive, clean up as much water as you can by using a mop and bucket and by blotting other areas.
- Remove any types of portable floor coverings, but do not try to take up wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Get draperies off the floor by placing the ends across and through plastic coat hangers and then hanging them on the drapery rod.
- Place aluminum foil under furniture legs, remove furniture cushions and prop them up so that they will dry evenly, and wipe and blot furniture.
- Remove any art objects in the room, such as paintings, photographs, and other items and place them in a safe, dry place.
- Enhance drying by opening closet and cabinet doors and any drawers.
There are also some things that you should not do. Here are some things to put off until the professionals arrive on the scene.
- Play it safe and don’t enter a room with standing water in it until the electricity to that room has been turned off.
- Don’t use electrical appliances while on wet flooring or carpeting.
- Do not remove books from shelves; instead, you can prevent warping by packing them tightly until a restoration professional can dry them.
- Do not attempt to remove water with a regular household vacuum.
- Don’t disturb any visible mold.
- Only attempt to lift carpeting that’s tacked down if you have professional help.
Also, use common sense when in the midst of a water emergency. Keep calm, don’t make impetuous decisions, and prioritize what you can do prior to the arrival of professionals for water removal services.
Richmond Water Damage Contractors
If you have a water emergency in the Richmond, Virginia, contact ServiceMaster South of the James for water damage restoration. You can reach us at anytime and on any day by calling 804-748-0716. We offer water removal services and water damage services in Petersburg, Goochland, Glen Allen and all of Virginia. Our professional service technicians will be prompt, thorough, and speedy. At ServiceMaster South of the James , we’re able to tackle any water cleanup emergency that you have.